Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Wedding Ring

  In my previous post I mention that I am now a married man. Well let me say I love being married! The reason that the title of this post is called my wedding ring is because today I got a new wedding ring. My wife purchased it for me because the ring that I originally had, had a major flaw in it and I only got to wear it maybe a week, we have been married over two months.
   Let me just say my wife has excellent taste. The ring is a lightweight cobalt ring but what makes it special is there are three words on the band and three crosses as well. Those three words are GOD, HONOR, STRENGTH. These words should describe every marriage.

GOD- Our heavenly father should be the center of not only your marriage but your life as well. He is all knowing and has a plan for your life even before you existed. The Lord is the center of our marriage and let be say it is an awesome thing. We both trust in him and if you read the bible it gives great advice for how a Christ center marriage works and why the are different from a normal marriage.

HONOR- This is a powerful word Honor! A husband should love and honor his wife in fact there is a exact verse for that it is Eph. 5:25 it states Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. To put it frankly and in the words of Pastor Larry Brey from Elevation Church in Charlotte NC the man that married us, it means to be selfless! To put her needs before your own, I honor my wife everyday but doing little things that she asked even if I am tired and don't want to, and even some times without her even asking. I also give her encouraging words and never hesitate to tell her that I love her. I will continue to do this even when we have a fight because not everyday of marriage is going to be a good one but as I stated before you show honor to your wife and you will make it thru. Now don't think I am forgetting the ladies, your need to respect your husband as the head of the household. There is a verse for that to it is Eph. 5:22-23 it states Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.  23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. This does not mean be a doormat ladies and let him walk all over you but to respect his decision if he makes one and be there to support him in that decision.


STRENGTH- This is an equally powerful word. This does not mean so brute force or being strong no it mean strength spiritually. If you take strength literally and become physical with your spouse you need to be thrown in jail.  A way to have spiritual strength in your marriage is to set aside a time every day for you and your spouse be together and read gods word. All I'm going to say on this subject is that if you have strength thru Christ then you can make it thru and do anything. 


I plan on living these three words in my marriage everyday. I know that they lord made my wife Ellen just for me and I am honored to be able to be her husband. She gave me the perfect wedding ring and it is never coming off.

No comments:

Post a Comment